Frank E. Erickson was born on 09 Oct 1847 in Lindesberg, Örebro, Västmanland, Sweden to Erick Olson [1, 2]. He is the immigrant ancestor for the Erickson line having emigrated from Sweden to the United States in 1871 [3, 4]. He declared his intention to become a citizen of the United States on 04 Mar 1878  and was naturalized by 1910 .
|Signature of Frank Erickson |
Frank's surname has a few variations. The common name used by descendants is Erickson. Naturalization papers state ErickSon (note the capital 'S' implying some type of separation or significance) . His death certificate states Erickson with the father's name as Erick Olson . As hinted at by the naturalization papers, the Erickson surname appears to be a melding of the names of Frank's father: ERICK olSON. Since it was common for immigrants to change or Americanize their names, I have accepted Frank's surname as Erickson and his father's surname as Olson.
Frank married Anna Christina Nelson on 30 Aug 1874 at the Lebanon Lutheran Church in Whitehall, Muskegon, Michigan . Anna was born Anna Stina to Nils and Anne Catherine Larsson on 04 Oct 1851 in Nora, Örebro, Västmanland, Sweden [2, 7, 14, 17]. She was christened on 08 Oct 1851 in Nora, likely in the Roman Catholic Church . She is the immigrant ancestor for the Larsson line. She immigrated to the United States in 1874 [3, 4, 15, 17]. She left the port of Göteborg around 17 Jul 1874 destined for White Hall (presumably Whitehall, Michigan) .
|Signatures of Anna Christina Nelson |
As with Frank, a similar name change appears to have happened with Anna, although it has been a harder determination. I have dismissed the surname 'Berglund' that appears on her son Iver's death certificate as I have not seen this name anywhere else in family records. Her death certificate says her father's name is 'Larson'  while her marriage certificate and her son Iver's marriage certificate say 'Nelson' [2, 11]. I think this can be reconciled as 'Nelson' appears to be a combination of 'NELs' and 'larSON'. With immigrants commonly changing their name, I think this in one such instance. I have chosen Nelson as Anna's maiden name with Larson as her father's name to remain faithful to both documents with the understanding that the name change was likely due to immigration or Americanization.
Frank worked as a mill worker and a farmer [3, 4, 5]. He died on 28 Aug 1916 in Fruitland, Muskegon, Michigan [1, 16]. Anna lived for a number of years after Frank died, appearing in multiple census records [9, 10]. She died on 27 Dec 1943 in Fruitland [7, 17]. Frank and Anna are buried in Oakhurst Cemetery in Whitehall, Muskegon, Michigan [7, 8, 17]. Frank's estate is in probate between 30 Aug 1916 and 28 Mar 1917 in Muskegon County, Michigan .
Children of Frank Erickson and Anna Christina Larson
1) Hilma Cecelia Erickson  was born on 16 Mar 1876 in Michigan. She married Will Anderson. She died on 11 May 1936.
2) Iver Frank Erickson [3, 5, 11, 12, 17] was born on 19 Aug 1878 in Whitehall, Muskegon, Michigan . He married Maude Emeline Covell on 21 Jun 1905 in Fruitland, Muskegon, Michigan . He died on 27 Mar 1957 in North Muskegon and was buried at Oakhurst Cemetery in Whitehall, Muskegon, Michigan [8, 11].
3) Selma Finelia Erickson  was born on 29 Mar 1881. She married Frank Swanson. She died on 19 Apr 1970.
4) Esther Ceraphia Erickson [3, 17] was born on 30 Oct 1883 in Michigan. She married Albert Anderson. She died on 04 Oct 1972.
5) Ewald Mauritz Erickson  was born on 23 Jul 1885 and died on 15 Aug 1885.
6) Anna Sophia Erickson [3, 17] was born on 13 Nov 1887 in Michigan. She married Harry Tunberg. She died on 22 Jun 1955.
7) Ewald Mauritz Erickson [3, 4, 17] was born on 18 Aug 1890 in Michigan. He married 1st Olive Bergren and 2nd Anna Blue. He died on 10 Jun 1981 in Muskegon, Michigan and was buried at Oakhurst Cemetery in Whitehall.
8) Mauritz Emanuel Erickson, Sr. [3, 4, 17] was born on 06 May 1893. He married 1st Nellie Agan and 2nd Ann Rooks. He died on 01 May 1983 in Muskegon, Michigan.
 Death Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Death certificate for Frank E. Erickson; Book 3, Page 359.
 Marriage Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Marriage license for Frank E. Erickson and Anna Christina Nelson; Book 2, Page 69.
 1900 United States Census. Muskegon County, Michigan, Page 81 A.
 1910 United States Census. Muskegon County, Michigan, Page 48 A.
 1880 United States Census. Muskegon County, Michigan, Page 50 A.
 Circuit Court Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Declaration of Intention to become a Citizen of the United States for Frank Erickson.
 Death Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Death certificate for Anna Christina Larson; Local File No. 12.
 Cemetery Records of Muskegon Co., Mich., Volume 3, Muskegon Co. Genealogical Society, 1983. Page 123, Oakhurst Cemetery.
 1920 United States Census. Muskegon County, Michigan, Page 36 B.
 1930 United States Census. Muskegon County, Michigan, Page 79 B.
 Death Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Death certificate for Iver Frank Erickson; State File No. 219.
 Marriage Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Marriage license for Iver Frank Erickson and Maude Emeline Covell; No. 5598.
 Birth records of Nora Bergsförsamling Parish, Örebro, Sweden. Volume C:9B, Births 1843-1856, record #179 for 1851, (entry for Anna Stina daughter of Nils Larsson).
 Swedish Emigration Records, 1783-1951 (Emigranten Populär 2006), The Generations Network, Inc., 2007. Entry for Anna Christina Nilsson (Archive Call Number 8:327:10248).
 Probate Court Records of Muskegon County, Michigan. Probate case No. 5661, Frank E. Erickson. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18
 The Muskegon Chronicle, Muskegon, Michigan. 27 Dec 1943, page 14. Obituary for Anna Christina Erickson